lunedì 25 maggio 2009

FIRST LESSON

WHAT'S YOUR LEARNING STYLE?


Making the test “What’s your learning style”, I've found out that I have a Auditory Learners.

I think it’s true and it describes me very well but I have also some elements of the profile Visual Learners.

I learn best through verbal lectures, discussions, talking things through and listening to what others have to say.

I understand better and I interpret the underlying meanings of speech through listening to tone of voice, pitch, speed and other nuances and, for example, I don’t need sitting at the front of the classroom to see the teacher and his body language.

But sometimes, when I study, I prefer to do charts and diagrams to simplify and remember better the lessons. And this point differs from visual learners’s features because they remember by verbalizing lessons to themselves.

Except that, the test is very reliable and it’s incredible!!!



LEGAL ENGLISH PROJECT MARCH


Answer the following questions:

1. Why are you studying English?

2. What is "Legal English"?

3. Do you think that studying "Legal English" is important? Why/Why not?

4. How is the Italian Legal System different from other system (e.g. U.K./U.S.A./France)?

5. What things might foreign lawyers or law students want to know about the Italian legal system?

6. Which of the following things do you use when you are studying:

- a bilingual dictionary?

- a monolingual dictionary?

- an on-line dictionary?

- a legal dictionary?

7. What resources help you most with:

- your English studies?

- your Legal studies?

8. What is a Wiki?

9. If you were writing a legal reference book for other students, what would you include?


1. I study English because I think that is a language, now in our time, considered internationally, necessary and essential to have more good job opportunities abroad.

2. Legal English is the study of different legal systems and of legal terms.

3. I think that studying “Legal English” is more important because every country has its own history, its culture, its language and its own legal system. So the research of legal terms, in each system, is more difficult. For example: often happens that a particular concept exists in two different jurisdictions, but it refers to two different realities. Furthermore, in an order where a term means a particular thing, in another country the same term has a different meaning.

4. The Italian Legal System different from other systems like United Kingdom, or U.S.A., or France first of all for the form of government. In fact Italy is a Parliamentary Republic, United Kingdom is a Monarchy and France is Unitary semi-presidential Republic. In these legal systems the organs of the state have different roles and different importance, and also the figure of the magistrate has different competences.

5. I believe that foreign lawyers should know, about Italian legal system, the different procedural process than other states. In fact in Italy there isn’t the presence of jury and its function is performed by the judges. Instead the law students should know the different opportunity that they have after degree. They can do internship or training in law firms to be a freelance professional; or they can participate in public competitions to become the judge or notary; or they have the possibility to be part of companies’s management or administration.

6. When I’m studying I sometimes use a bilingual dictionary (Italian-English) and I have an English legal dictionary.

7. With the English studies the books help me, instead with the Legal studies I prefer to use the legal dictionary.

8. Generally Wiki is a collection of Web pages that deal and increase a particular theme or topic.

9. If I were writing a legal reference book for other students I would include legal documents like contracts and licences, summonses and judgments and most important law.




Nessun commento: