lunedì 25 maggio 2009

SECOND LESSON

GRAMMAR
Must, Have to, Should (obligation)

You have to wear a seatbelt in a car
Do you have to work on Sunday?
I had to wear a uniform at my primary school
I'll have to get up early tomorrow.

I must remember to phone Emily tonight - it's her birthday
You must be on time for class tomorrow - there's a test

You don't have to pay for the tickets. They're free.
You don't have to go to the party if you don't want to.

You mustn't eat that cake _ it's for the party.
You mustn't touch that. It's dangerous.

Have to is more common for general, external obligation, for exemple rules and laws.
Must is more common for specific or personal obligation.
Don't have to isn't an obligation, but a necessity.
Mustn't is a prohibition.

You should take warm clothes with you to Dublin.
It might be cold at night.I think the government should do something about unemployment.

We use it to say if we think something is the right or wrong thing to do.


EXERCISE
(Workbook, pag. 25)

- You shoul have a rest. You look exhausted.
- In the future every one will have to speak English and Chinese.
- Do you have to wear a suit and tie at work?
-I had to stay in bed yesterday as I didn't feel well.
- You mustn't park here. It's "no parking".
- I didn't have to get a taxi. Lina took me to the airport.
-People shouldn't answer their mobiles when they're talking to someone.

Nessun commento: