martedì 26 maggio 2009

VOCABULARY

New vocabulary from all the lessons:

  • make (marca)
What make is your phone?

  • car piece (auricolare)
You have to use the car piece while you drive.

  • loudly (ad alta voce)
You shouldn't talk loudly on a mobile on public tranpsort.

  • impolite/polite (non educato/educato)
My pupils are all polite.

  • to dial (comporre)
I'm dialling a number.

  • to text (scrivere un messaggio)
He's texting a friend to say about the party.

  • hung up (riagganciare)
When you finish a phone call you hung up.

  • ring tone
Now that I have the new mobile, I'm choosing a ring tone.

  • calling back (richiamare)
She doesn't answer, I'll call back later.

  • left message (lasciare un messaggio)
  • voice mail (segreteria telefonica)
Sara's mobile isn't on, I left a message on her voice mail.

  • busy/engaged (occupato)
I'm trying to call John, but the line's engaged/busy.

  • switch off (spento)
You must remember to switch off your mibile when you go into a theatre.

  • overweight (sovrappeso)
I'm going on a diet because I am a bit overweight.

  • bald (calvo)
You probably will become bald because your father and your grandfather were bald.

  • to revise (ripassare)
I must revise tonight because I have an exam tomorrow.

  • to cheat (chiacchierare)
The pupils had tried to cheat in the exam.

  • to fail (non superare)
My parents will be furious i f I fail this exam.

  • suburbs (periferia)
Last year I moved into suburbs of London because the rents are cheaper.

  • chimney (camino)
If I had more money, I'd buy a bigger house with the chimney.

  • roof (tetto)
We need to repair the roof because when it rains, the water comes into the attic.

  • balcony (balcone con muretto)
I went out onto the balcony to see what happening in the street.

  • garage (garage)
Jim, can you put the car in the garage?

  • wall (muro)
This is a traditional cottage with thick stone wall.

  • gate (cancello)
You make sure the gate is closed well.

  • garden (giardino)
I would like to plant colorful flowers in the garden.

  • path (percorso)
The path will take you to the exit.

Nessun commento: