lunedì 25 maggio 2009

SIXTH LESSON

GRAMMAR
Second conditional: if+past simple, would/wouldn't+inifinitive


If I had more money, I'd buy a bigger house.
If he spoke English, he could get a job in a hotel.
I would get on better with my parents if I didn't live with them.
I wouldn't do that job unless they paid me a really good salary.
If I were you, I'd buy a new computer.
Use the second conditional to talk about hypothetical/imaginary situation in the present or future and its consequence.


EXERCISE
Correct any mistakes in the phrases. (Workbook, pag. 37)

- I'd help you this weekend if I could, but I can't.
- They wouldn't sell their house, even if someone offered them a million euros.
- If he didn't like the job so much, he wouldn't work so hard, but he loves it.
- I'd save a bit more money if I were you.
- If I could choose my job, I would be a journalist.
- If I didn't have small children,
I'd travel more, but they're too young at the moment.
- We'd go to the cinema more often, if we had the time


Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs. Use the first or second conditional.
(Workbook, pag. 37)

- I'll met you at the airport if you tell me what time the flight arrives.
- If you're late again, you'll lose your job.
- If she wasn't so selfish, she would have more friends.
- Would you retire if you won the lottery?
- We'll be very surprised if they get married this year.
- If there were more car parks, there wouldn't be so much traffic.
- You'd meet more people if you went out more often.
- If I have more time next year, i'll learn another language.
- If i had more time, I'd learn another language but i'm too busy.

Nessun commento: