lunedì 25 maggio 2009

FIFTH LESSON

GRAMMAR
First conditional & future time clauses


  • First conditional: if (or unless) + present simple, will/won't + infinitive
If you don't do more work, you'll fail the exam.
He'll be late for work if he doesn't hurry up.
She won't get into university unless she gets good grades.
Use the first conditional to talk about a real situation.
  • Future time clauses
As soon as you get your exam results, call me.
We'll have dinner when your father gets home.
I won't go to bed until you come home.
I'll have lunch before I leave.
After
I finish university, I'll probably take a year off and travel.




EXERCISE
Match the sentence halves. (Workbook, pag. 35)

- I'll have to go to a new school ____ when my parents move to Doncaster.
- She won't start primary school ____ until she's four years old.
- I think I'll go on holiday ____ after i finish my exams.
- As soon as I get home ____ I'm going to do my homework.
- Her parents will get her a present ____ if she gets good marks.


Circle the correct answer. (Workbook, pag. 36)

- She won't start the class until all the pupils are quiet.
- I'll probably talk to my teachers before i choose my exam subject.
- We'll have to wear a uniform when we go to secondary school.
- I won't leave early unless the teacher gives me permission.
- She'll do her homework as soon as she gets home.
- He'll be really disappointed if he fails his exams.
- She won't go to secondaryy school until she's 11 years old.


Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb. (Workbook, pag. 36)

- Will
you take the exam again if you fail it?
- I'll do my homework as soon as this programme ends.
- He won't leave home until he finishes at university.
- When I get my resultsI'll call you immediatly.
- I'll come and see you before I go to England.
- We'll be late unless we hurry up.
- Until I speak to my teacher I won't know what subject I'm doing.
- You won't pass the exam if you don't revise more.

Nessun commento: